April 10, 2008

Florida Vacation!!

We just spent a week visiting my parents in Stuart, Florida. What a wonderful trip! Very relaxing & therapeutic...and the weather was gorgeous. Warning: there are a ton of pics below! But those of you that know me, know that's what I do! So enjoy our little online scrapbook!
The above 2 pics are taken at Sandsprit Park




The above 6 pics are from my favorite Florida restaurant, the Crab House...crab dip & shrimp pasta - YUM!!!
Elyse & Daddy outside Shrimpers feeding the fish.


(above & below): Mom & I went to get our toes done (a real treat!) and the Vietnamese lady painted these cute little flowers...freehand!



Mom & Dad's church

Jupiter Lighthouse
Jupiter Inlet (outside the Crab House)

We spent most of the time hanging out at Gramma & Grampa's pool




Another treat was visiting the Loggerhead Marinelife Center, a sea turtle "hospital" and rescue center. It was very cool and we saw about 6 tanks with sea turtles swimming around in "quarantine" while they get healthy enough to release back to their homes. One turtle was special, and name was Jonah. He got his name because he had actually been swallowed by a fish (I think he had been only a few inches wide at the time) and had some other problems...so they took him in and restored his health. He is actually on his way back home this week! They even had a going-away party for him :-) This is Jonah, below, and the others:







And speaking of turtles, we caught this one (above) wandering in mom & dad's back yard! He's a gopher turtle. Also Jason saw 3 snakes in their neighborhood (I saw 1), and several other creatures, I swear, it's like living with Jack Hanna at the zoo!




This is a little frog that Dad found in the rain gauge...he made a funny & said it rained "Cats & Frogs" :-)


Watching a snail slime his way across the sidewalk is NOT how you keep an active 3 year old entertained for long :-)

Above is a pic of Elyse & Grampa by their banana tree!

They are also growing pineapples! Mom & Dad should really change their last name to "Dole".


And I'm not a big flower person but these are spectacular, right in their own yard:




And then there's Elyse...


Glamour Girl


Living it up in luxury on the airplane

Yes, you are seeing this correctly...when we took her lifejacket off to head home for a nap, she insisted on taking her suit off too...so she was free as a bird on the walk home!


(first summer without diapers...easier for the little cheeks to peek out :-)

Not getting her way

Elyse got a little rubber gecko on the trip...it's kind of like those old "wacky wall-walker" spiders we used to find in cereal boxes? Anyway, she was swinging it by the tail & it flew out of her hand, and onto the ceiling!! There it stayed til we could find something long enough to get it down....which was no easy feat since it was very sticky!


Helpin' Grampa feed the birds


Helping Grampa feed the birds - AGAIN! (hungry birds...and squirrels!)

This pic is so funny I nearly pee every time I see it!!!


Swingin' in the garage

Does this look like a happy girl or what??

Swimmin' with Dad WAAAAAYYYY out there


"Yipes! Too cold! Too cold!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"

So cute...


Self Portrait thanks to my husband's long arm :-)

Gramma Micki enjoying the beach



"It's gonna get me..."

"It got me!!"


Beach Beauty :-)

Into the water with Grampa (and I have a pic of me & Dad doing the exact same thing up in Michigan when I was about Elyse's age)



(something about the back of this kid is so cute!)

Ever hear of freeze tag? This is beach tag!

THE END!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home