February 21, 2009

An actual update!

Thought it was time for some actual WORDS! Life in Lankeytown is pretty good...getting pretty good sleep and I'm pretty productive during the day. Winter is hard as Elyse really needs to get out & play and I could use some walks myself, but on the nicer mornings I take Chief & go on about a 2mile walk, just the 2 of us. Jason is working alot but his shift will soon change from 4-midnight to 3-11. So he'll get home a little bit earlier which will be nice.

Joshua is our big boy! Common nicknames he have acquired are: Meathead, Pudge, Chunk, Mama's boy, and my favorite, Chunky Monkey (since I used to call him Monkey in the beginning :-) He is doing very well although I think he is an acid reflux baby which makes him kind of cranky! He is our lover and really would go all day without eating as long as he was being held.

Bryanna is still petite & dainty...she is usually referred to as the Princess, Diva, or Your Highness :-) She is good at calming herself down but when she is mad, she is MAD!! She is more reactive than Josh and is starting to smile more. She likes her Bumbo seat and enjoys looking around like a big girl. She is getting better at taking a passie and is now taking 5oz at a feeding! Still on a monitor but that's because our appt. with the pulmonologist is March 2nd. She has had maybe 3 alarms in the last several weeks.

Elyse is still our fireball - (is called Drama Queen ALOT) and we have had some behavioral issues but we know that's a jealousy thing. When we have visitors that used to be HER visitors, she usually lashes out because they are holding the babies. One day at a time. I am trying to give her more to do during the day and we've been working on our letters & numbers, spelling, and writing her name. She likes doing that and we praise her IMMENSELY when she does it! Birthday #4 is right around the corner on March 10th!!

Like I said, we are getting a decent amount of sleep. Right now Bryanna is only up once at night and Josh twice. Jason tries to help out at night but I try to let him sleep since he's the one who might have to fight for his life at work! I can always get a nap during the day - sleep isn't really an option these days. I have really taken to cooking - and REAL cooking, from scratch! - and I enjoy it. I don't like it when J calls me a homemaker but I do enjoy the things that go along with it :-) We are very close to getting a van...taking the hit on our currently NEW vehicle but we may have to just give in and do it.

All for now, just thought an actual update was due. Hope everything is well with your families and that you are staying WARM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home