December 23, 2008

Bryanna is HOME!!!!!!!!!!

When asked what I wanted for Christmas my answer was without hesitation: I want my babies to be home and all of us in one location.

I GOT MY WISH.

I can't believe I am finally typing this but Bryanna was discharged tonight. She made it 48 hours without a drop in heartrate. She is on caffeine (no, not espresso or diet coke) and a monitor to alert us if it drops again. So they got the paperwork in order & we brought our new baby girl home. We are all under one roof! Hard to believe it is finally real. We were almost home and Jason said "we're finally a family again"...and yes, I cried. Please keep both babies in your prayers but especially Bryanna and that her little body starts communicating with itself (that she stops being a preemie!) and we can get rid of the monitor...will be several weeks but that's ok - she is HOME. (Also pray for Elyse as she adjusts to not only having mom & dad home more - no more trips to the hospital - but as the focus shifts a little bit. She is being a big helper but independent as she is, sometimes her idea of "helping" doesn't jive with ours :-)
Our family is whole again. I can't thank God enough for the wayS He has blessed us. Although it hasn't been as long as it was for others, it was 9 weeks of pure chaos and uncertainty...patience & perserverance...disappointment yet total exhileration. Jason has been making nearly daily trips to the hospital (sometimes twice a day) for 2 months. We could not have made it through without His guidance and strength. It's also bittersweet as I think of all the babies that are still in NICU and will not be home for Christmas...the families who will be spending their holiday in a hospital room. Please say a special prayer for those families as you celebrate Christmas with yours.

I will continue to keep you updated & post pictures of our family. I haven't even held them both together yet!! I look forward to doing that tomorow. I am the most tired today that I have been in a long time but I think most of it is relief and my body is finally relaxing. We know we will be getting no sleep at all but you know what? I could care less :-)
Mommy's bells palsy is almost gone!
Tiny pigs :-)

Proud big sis

"I'm wearing big boy clothes!"



Little girl goes home :-)

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

Kate, Jason and Elyse,
I am so excited to hear that Bryanna was able to come home! What a beautiful Christmas present! It is so great to see all of the sacrifices and endurance that you made paid off so richly! You guys are beautiful people and are exactly what makes our job so fulfilling! Merry Christmas! I hope this next year is filled with lots of happiness, health, and many many blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home